All the Words in the World Could Never Be as Persuasive as the Picture Published by this Grieving Dad
Mike Stollings’ son Jeramie had a long history with drugs. Recently, however, he had taken a new job and was devoted to his 10-month-old son, Asher (the three generations are shown in the photo above). His dad thought perhaps the worst was over.
Last week Jeramie died after overdosing on Dextromethoraphan, one of the ingredients in over-the-counter cold and cough remedies. He left his father filled with grief and guilt.
I’ll spend the rest of my days on this earth racking my brain trying to figure out what I should have done differently.
Mike Stollers decided the one thing he could do was remove the veil that often covers death. Drug use is accepted as recreational among young people, especially. Mike wants Jeramie’s friends and other young people to see where it often ends, so he posted this photograph on Facebook.
Here’s the expanded portion…
Nothing we can say is as eloquent as the words of this grief-stricken dad. Our hearts go out to the Stollings family.